Fwd: official complaint | dropped laptop

. . .
 
kia orana, greetings
 
For the record, I note the complete lack of response to an official complaint eight days ago, three days outside your stated policy of making a response within five days.
 
I also note that, on your website, the category of complaint links to an email address listed as feedback@customs.govt.nz - I would suggest that an official complaint is of quite a different nature to general feedback, even criticism, and deserves an independent email address and much more attentive officers to attend it.
 
I am copying this communication to other service addresses in the hope of gaining a response, as well as office of the Ombudsman, for their information. Further inaction will result in a complaint to the Ombudsmen's office.
 
manuia,
 
jason
 

. . .

jason brown
editor
avaiki news agency
http://avaiki.nius.googlepages.com

+649 9167058 office direct
+649 9167552 facsimile
+64 2102484560 mobile

Project JPK
http://jpkupdate.blogspot.com
100 victoria street west
tangata pasifika
TVNZ
auckland
aotearoa | new zealand

. . .


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: avaiki - jason brown <avaiki.nius@gmail.com>
Date: 2008/10/7
Subject: official complaint | dropped laptop
To: feedback@customs.govt.nz


kia ora,
 
just got off QF39 from Melbourne. Half asleep, not too snazzy. Writing from the Samsung stand at arrivals downstairs, next to McDonalds.
Just before, at the xray section, one of your officers placed my laptop precariously close to the edge of the steel tray after coming through the x-ray machine.
 
I am not sure how it happened but while my back was turned, I heard a thunk and my laptop bag was on the floor. I said to an officer on duty, a ginger haired lad, that "that won't do it any good - next time a little less close to the edge."
 
His reply: "I think I placed it quite well."
 
"No, bro, next time, a little less close to the edge."
 
No apology. His attitude sucks. How would it be if I nudged one of your computers off the table and it smashed on the ground? Would I not be facing severe penalties? Or at least a severe upbraiding? My laptop is my tool, just as much as your xray machines are yours. I am currently investigating the alleged assassination of a journalist in Tahiti, in relation to a $1.5 trillion false assets scandal involving Clearstream, a European clearing bank.
 
What happens if the negligence of your officer has fucked my laptop? And vital notes with it? And not even an apology from your officer, just snivelling attitude. Tell him to pull his head in and adjust his attitude, real fast. If someone killed one of your colleagues, you'd be over them like a rash. I don't need snotty, superior attitude from a jumped up little git, nor does your service, an otherwise polite and efficient affair, up until about 20 minutes ago.
 
kia toa,
 
jason

...........................................................

jason brown
editor
avaiki news agency
http://avaiki.nius.googlepages.com

+649 9167058 office direct
+649 9167552 facsimile
+64 2102484560 mobile

Project JPK
http://jpkupdate.blogspot.com
100 victoria street west
tangata pasifika
TVNZ
auckland
aotearoa | new zealand

...........................................................

No comments: